Friday, February 10, 2012

Cap Mac

Another food truck I’d been following on twitter for a while, Cap Mac, promised food truck atmosphere but with Mac & Cheese. This is one I finally was able track down at Truckeroo (yes, it was a while ago) since they rarely seem to make weekend appearances. My friend and I sampled the two options available at the time. She had the Classic and I tried one made with (I believe) goat cheese and greens.

Classic Mac

The Classic appeared to be big winner. It was filling and visually appealing.

Other Mac & Cheese

In my option the food was very rich, although I believe they currently have new items on the menu. The staff was very friendly (the woman who was at the window was wearing really adorable macaroni earrings) and the line moved right along. I have to say, although the portions fit nicely into the carry box both were super rich and very filling. Also, the price is very reasonable; especially considering it’ll be all you’ll be able to eat for a while.
Overall I’d recommend sticking to the Classic Mac (and trying to get in an extra walk that day).
For my overall review I give the food truck 3.75 out of 5 stars for hearty food, good service, ever-changing location, and good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment