Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Firefly

Next up is Firefly; I’m apologizing in advance as I only have one picture. The restaurant is located an easy walk from DuPont Circle metro. The décor is beautiful inside, although the restaurant itself is located on the ground floor of a hotel (in the blink and you might miss it sense). The tree inside is gorgeous during the day (I went for lunch, not shocking, I know) and I can only imagine how pretty it must be at night. That being said, I wish the food had lived up to the décor. For an appetizer I had the salt roasted baby beets. I love the flavor combo of beets and goat cheese and so I was hopeful. While the food was good it was very small in portion and nothing about it jumped out and grabbed me. For a main course I ordered beef burger. There is something to be said for executing a good well-done burger. I order all my burgers/ meat well-done which means I always run the risk of getting a charcoal briquette.  I was very pleasantly surprised by this burger. For a thick burger it was perfectly cooked. All the flavors worked well together in this classic pairing. I was also able to pair my burger with greens instead of fries (I was feeling healthier that day). The beer-battered pickle was a whimsical addition to the dish and it really added a lot. I’m not generally big on pickles but this one went so well I actually ate the whole thing.
Burger

Overall the cost wasn’t bad but I think I would have found it to be a better deal if I had just gotten the burger. I’d recommend skipping the appetizer and going straight for the main course.
For my overall review I give this restaurant 2.5 out of 5 stars for reasonable price, fairly easy location, solid food, and excellent ambiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment