Saturday, July 2, 2011

Co Co. Sala

Co Co. Sala is located a very near the Gallery Place/ Chinatown metro. Heads up, it looks super fancy from the outside and I walked by it once assuming it was too fancy for the place I wanted. The inside is even nicer with gorgeous swaths of cloth everywhere. My one regret of the whole experience was I went to a restaurant with cocoa in the name and didn’t get hot chocolate. Shame on me, obviously I will have to rectify this one day (you can even go in to the bar just for the hot chocolate). I went here during restaurant week so I basically picked from a specific three course menu. The appetizer was an artichoke tart. Which was delicious, excellent flavor pairing, but very tiny.
Artichoke Appetizer

I ordered the Cheese Magic for lunch. While I was most looking forward to the cheese soufflé, it was really the salad and marmalade with lovely bold flavors which stole the show. Overall the three foods paired together and made a well rounded meal. Again, the presentation was amazing but the portions were tiny.
Cheese Magic

For dessert I selected Onyx which gave me two chocolate boxes. Wow was this dessert good. It’s obvious why the specialty is chocolate.
Onyx

Overall the food was superb but the portions were fairly small. It did make me feel like I was dinning in a fancier location (I have no idea why I associate very small plates with fancy but I do). Presentation and taste was amazing but I would recommend breakfast in the morning if you’re going for lunch. Overall the price wasn’t too bad for me (although certainly not dirt cheap), but I was also going during restaurant week.  I’d recommend going here for dessert and a drink because it’s definitely worth seeing.
For my overall review I give this restaurant 3.5 out of 5 stars for price, fairly easy location, amazing flavors in small portions, and excellent ambiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment